28 Jul Launching a Buddy Scheme for Hong Kong Healthcare Professionals in London
Hong Kong Nursing Association UK have successfully secured a grant from the Greater London Authority (GLA) to launch the buddy/ mentoring scheme for Hong Kong healthcare professionals in London region.
❗️WE ARE LOOKING FOR *MENTORS*❗️
• Trained health care professionals: Doctors, nurses & allied health professionals
• AT LEAST 1 year working experience in NHS & to have an insight into Hong Kong culture, language & values
• Willing to commit their time over 6 months’ period
• Frequent check in & remote 121 conversations
• Offer practical support & shared learning
• Ongoing supervision for the mentors is available
• We welcome a diverse health care workforce joining this scheme, those with black & ethnic backgrounds would be a great asset
• We also welcome for those who live outside London area in the UK
❗️WE ARE LOOKING FOR *MENTEES*❗️
• New arrivals from Hong Kong to London, who is about to join/ have already joined an NHS organisation in London for the past 6 months
• Doctors, nurses & allied health professionals are qualified to be mentees
• Trust & openness are key to a health buddy/ mentoring relationship
• Remote 121 sessions up to 5 sessions for the period between 09/2023 & 01/2024
• You will be matched to a mentor/ buddy with your preference
*A series of 3 sessions are scheduled*
– Fitness & wellbeing class (in person)
– Online Mental Health Awareness session
– Online Introduction to Mentoring
Please read the posters for further information.
If anyone is interested in registering as a mentor/ as a mentee, please email email@example.com or Florence Cantle at firstname.lastname@example.org
The original closing date is 14th August 2023, we have decided to extend the deadline until *21st August 2023*.
Places are limited!