I understand and agree the terms of privacy protection statement.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), protection of our members privacy and the personal information are particularly important to us and we take it seriously. Please read the following privacy protection statement carefully about the information we collect and how it is used.
- All information is provided by members voluntarily through our online membership application form on the ‘JOIN US’ icon of this website. This information personally identifies their eligibility of the membership requirement by their name, email addresses, postal and nursing council registration number.
- We use the information that members provide to enable us to deliver and tailor our services.
- We only keep members information for as long as a member wishes to maintain their membership of HKNAUK.
- We do not share member information outside HKNAUK.
- Summary or aggregated data (for example membership numbers) which do not identify any individual may be shared with other organisations where it is in the legitimate interests of HKNAUK to do so.
- Members have right to request that we erase or correct your information.
- Membership data is held by our data processor in the UK on a password protected private desktop computer. Data may be held in Microsoft Excel Workbooks and / or Access Databases.
- Our website is secure which means that it utilizes SSL , which stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a standard security technology that establishes an encrypted connection between a web server and a browser. We do not collect data related to the use of our website.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use all reasonable efforts to try to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data.
- Data may be shared with HKNAUK officers and volunteers where it is in the legitimate interests of our association to do so.
- We restrict access to personal data to our officers and volunteers who need to know that information in order to communicate with and provide products or services to members.